Do you have an IT Service Provider?
- Ask your service provider if they meet SecureTheVillage’s Code?
- Only consider service providers that declare they meet the Code.
- If your service provider won’t meet the code, consider replacing them.
What if you manage an in-house IT group?
- Ask them to implement the SecureTheVillage Code of Basic IT Security Management Practices.
Why it’s important that you do this.
- You need your IT organization to properly secure your IT network.
- An IT organization who commits to SecureTheVillage’s Code of Basic IT Security Management Practices is promising to implement basic information security practices.
- An organization who won’t commit to following these basic practices will leave you seriously at risk.